Remembering the victims who lost their lives in a terrorist attack on America that happened on Sep 9, 2001. 20 years have passed and the incident is still fresh in my memory.
I was living in the Washington DC Metro area. It was around 9 am when I switched on the TV and was shocked and couldn’t believe what I saw! There was smoke all around and people were running madly. The reporters, while trying to cover the horror scene, were running in fear to save their lives. Within minutes the twin towers of the world trade center in New York turned to ashes. The attack also took place at Pentagon and in Pennsylvania. The terrorists hijacked the planes and crashed them into these buildings. Around 3000 people died in this attack and thousands were injured.
This shameful and terrifying attack can never be forgotten. My heart goes out to all the families who lost their loved ones in this horrifying attack. It’s such a painful feeling! I just wish that such a thing never ever happens again!
ज़िंदगी की ज़द्दो जहद में लगे लगे यह एहसास ही नहीं हुआ कि कब वक़्त गज़रता गया और रेत मुठ्ठी से सरकती गयी |
ज़िन्दगी के इस मोड़ पर आकर एहसास होता है कि काश!
– कुछ लम्हे ठीक से जी लिए होते!
– छोटी छोटी खुशियों को नज़रअंदाज़ नहीं किया होता!
– कुछ गलतियों को सुधर लिया होता!
– लोगों से और अच्छे सम्बन्ध बना लिए होते!
– मामूली परेशानियों को मामूली ही रहने दिया होता!
– सबके साथ खुल कर हँस लिया होता!
– रिश्तों को और बारीकी से समझा होता!
– चंद ही सही पर पक्के दोस्त बना लिए होते!
गुज़रा हुआ वक़्त तो लौट के न आएगा पर आरज़ू यही है कि हर लम्हे को अब जी भर के और जिंदादिली से जी सकें!
The heart is where feelings develop. And feelings cannot be seen or touched, and have no language. They can only be felt. After many years of dealing with different kinds of people in every walk of life, it made me realize that I feel connected with only a few of those who had a good heart. Ultimately, nothing else counts.
A pure heart is like a temple. It is free of complications, and a blessing from God. If we are good at heart, we will surely come into memories of others at some moment no matter how far we are from them. Honesty does not require any explanation, it is expressed through the deeds.
A good-hearted person forgives people. And to forgive is a beautiful form of love which in return gives immense peace and happiness. We believe in finding good people and leaving bad ones. Instead, we should find the good in people and ignore the bad in them as no one is born perfect.
Life’s deepest meaning lies in lighting a candle in the dark moments of someone’s life. Happiness depends on how we perceive it. A small house filled with happiness is much better than a big house filled with sadness.
Kind-hearted people always believe in themselves and in God. They know there’s nothing like bad days or bad people as they have control over their thoughts to live the day with gratitude, peace, kindness, to see the good in everyone, and hence possess the power to rule the day with only positive thoughts.
Enhance the look of your home with aromatic candles and fresh flowers. You will feel a positive mood change by adding just these two elements to your home. They have the power to add immense beauty and positive energy. The soothing aroma of candles, the perfect lighting, freshness, and the natural beauty of flowers in the house are pure bliss.
Try to add these two elements on a regular basis instead of just on special occasions. The magic of soothing fragrance will make you feel mentally relaxed and happy. They always make any day so special. And they are wonderful gifts too!
These quick and easy-to-prepare tacos made with veggies can be served as a side dish or as an appetizer at parties.
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 2 tbsp Mexican taco seasoning mix or 2tbsp of a homemade mix of ginger powder, garlic powder, cumin powder, chaat masala powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, black pepper powder
- store-bought taco shells
- 1 tbsp sesame or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp rock salt powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Step 1: Add oil to a pan. Fry the onion till brown in color. Add all the veggies and give it a nice stir on a high flame. Cover the lid and let it cook for a minute on a medium flame.
Step 2: Let the mixture cool down. Add salt, seasoning mix, and stir well.
Step 3: Gently remove tacos from the box else there’s a risk of breaking the shells. Some of my shells broke while taking it out as you can see in the pic below 🙂
Fill the mixture in taco shells and add shredded cheese on top. Put the tacos in the microwave or on a pan on the stovetop for a minute until the cheese melts. The quick and yummy tacos are ready to enjoy!
A sore throat may sound like a minor problem but it can actually cause a lot of discomfort. The person feels dull and feverish too, sometimes. Here are some home remedies that will help to soothe the sore throat and may eliminate it totally. It is best to use these home remedies at the very start of the symptom, otherwise, it gets difficult to cure and may need a doctor visit. Use all of these remedies for best results, but it’s better to consult a doctor if the pain persists for more than 3 days.
- Gargle with 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder and rock salt powder each mixed in a glass of warm water at least 2-3 times a day
- Gargle with a 1 tsp apple cider vinegar mixed in a glass of warm water at least 2 times a day
- Gargle with a 1 tsp alum powder mixed in a glass of warm water at least 2 times a day
- Drink tulsi ginger tea
- Drink this cold & cough/sore throat decoction
- Use lozenges to lubricate the throat and temporarily relieve the pain
- Apply boro glycerine with a clean earbud on the affected area in the throat by opening the mouth wide open. Do not reuse the same bud if you need to apply again
- Drink warm or hot water only. Consume hot drinks only for throat pain
These super healthy oil-free tortillas (Rotis) made with whole wheat flour and spinach are rich in fiber, protein and iron. These not only taste good but also are a good change from the regular tortillas.
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 2-3 tbsp yogurt
- water as needed
- 1 tsp rock salt powder
Step 1: Wash the spinach thoroughly with water and chop the leaves roughly. You can also use the stems as they will be all pureed in the mixer. In a mixer jar, add spinach with a little water and blend the mixture into a smooth puree.
Step 2: Take the whole wheat flour and mix yogurt and salt.
Step 3: Add the spinach puree.
Step 4: Mix all the ingredients well. When you mix, you will get an idea of the water quantity to be added. Spinach puree and yogurt both would help in binding the dough. So, add little water at a time as needed and knead a soft dough. Let the dough rest for about 10 minutes.
Divide the dough into equal portions, roll into thin circles, and cook these half on a flat pan and half on the flame directly. You can also cook with little ghee or olive oil if you wish. Ensure that the tortillas are cooked on both sides. Makes about 15-20 tortillas. The yogurt gives a nice smooth texture to the tortillas.
Enjoy the healthy green tortillas in any form you like. Serve with veggies, or use it for quesadillas or wraps. Since these do not have preservatives, it’s best to use them fresh.
We all are on a finite trip to earth. Don’t take anything for granted. No one knows if we will see another day. If we open our eyes in the morning, it is the biggest blessing from God for we are alive to experience another beautiful day. Whatever troubles us, we need to just remind ourselves that nothing is bigger than what we are blessed with and that is being able to breathe and live.
Life teaches us many lessons daily. It’s up to us if we want to learn from our mistakes and move forward or continue making the same mistakes and ignore the lessons that life tries to teach us. So, whatever troubles or hardships come in our way, let’s work on how we can overcome those. Learn important lessons from your own as well as others’ doings. And move on confidently with a better self and a positive approach to experience and enjoy life.
Your life is a reflection of your own thoughts. And remember, no one can harm or control you if you don’t allow that to happen. And the very important point is to let the past go to be able to live a happy life.
We all suffer from diarrhoea or loose motion at some point in time. It can be due to certain foods that cause indigestion or food poisoning, side effects of some medication, allergies, or some kind of infection.
If the diarrhoea is due to some medication, allergies, or infection, we need to see the doctor in these cases. Even in case of severe indigestion and several occurrences of diarrhoea, we need to see a doctor otherwise we may lose a lot of liquids and suffer from dehydration which in some cases may even need hospitalization.
But if diarrhoea is mild and occurs due to indigestion, here are some home remedies that help in controlling it:
- Have a mixture of 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp sugar in 1 glass of water every couple of hours. It helps in preventing dehydration. This is a substitute for ORS. If you have a good ORS at home, you can use that too
- Foods to eat: rice, banana, curd, probiotics. Eat rice with curd (preferably set at home) for meals and banana, probiotic drink for breakfast, and snack. This combination gives instant relief, restores the lost nutrients in the body and fiber helps to bind the stomach and harden the stool. In case, you want to have morning tea, have it without milk. Milk should be strictly avoided
- Foods to avoid: heavy, fried, non-veg food, cruciferous veggies leafy vegetables, all kinds of lentils, dairy, fizzy drinks, tea, coffee, processed foods